Today, more and more organizations are learning the hard way that operating insecure, low-integrity software comes with severe consequences. Compromised applications running in production can lead to lost business income, operational shutdown, and breach of contract. Data storage that is not properly secured is vulnerable to breaches that expose sensitive information to hackers. And some government regulations, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, can even carry the penalty of prison time for organizational leaders.
Operational shutdowns, contract breaches, lawsuits, huge fines, and prison terms compromise an organization’s credibility and, ultimately, cause irreparable harm to brand reputation. It’s nearly impossible to quantify the long-term cost of the consumer and investor trust that is lost after an organization is in the news for a software hack or data breach.
To avoid these negative consequences and reputation damage, enterprises need a Software Chain of Custody that guarantees the integrity of their software assets—automatically, every time they are released. In the legal world, a chain of custody ensures the integrity of a piece of evidence; in the same way, a Software Chain of Custody proves what happened, when it happened, where it happened, and who made it happen during the software delivery process—from the time you set business goals and plan features, all the way through development, testing, deployment, and monitoring of live software in production.
XebiaLabs is the platform for enterprise-scale reporting that DevOps leaders can use to build a Software Chain of Custody in their organization. With XebiaLabs:
- CTOs and CIOs get full visibility across the entire software factory, so they can be sure the software assets
- Release Managers and DevOps teams can automate the process of capturing data and producing on-demand reports that prove the security and compliance of their software delivery pipelines
- Compliance, Security, and Audit Groups get the contextual data they need to understand the complete picture of what happened to a software asset
With XebiaLabs, all release stakeholders get the data they need to:
- Verify that regulatory requirements were met
- Collect and connect information from all of tools across the software delivery pipeline
- See what’s running in production
- Continuously improve by identifying security and compliance gaps in the pipeline
- Identify where automation can take over manual processes
- And more!