The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform’s Satellite feature packs a one-two punch. It helps organizations scale complex, long-running application deployments exponentially—without negatively affecting performance—by offloading deployment work from the XL Deploy server to satellite servers. And for organizations that have data centers located around the world, Satellite provides fault tolerance and continuity in the face of network failures.
The icing on the cake is that Satellite does it all—on-premises or in the public, private, or hybrid cloud—without requiring you to install proprietary agent software on every deployment target. That means faster setup, less maintenance work, no audit concerns, and more security for your infrastructure.
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform 8.5 introduces even easier satellite management for users across the enterprise
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform 8.5 introduces a friendly graphical user interface that allows both technical users and business stakeholders to monitor and manage the satellites in their system. This new user interface:
- Features at-a-glance overviews of satellite health for easier monitoring and troubleshooting
- Makes it easy to organize satellites into groups for enhanced failover and load balancing capabilities
- Enables one-click maintenance actions such as restarting satellites and synchronizing plugins
- Provides comprehensive overviews of which deployments are running on which satellites
- Includes easy drill-down from high-level satellite overviews to low-level deployment tasks
Developers, Operations staff, and System Administrators can use the new interface to monitor the health of their satellites, to verify that network connections to satellites are working as expected, and to restart and synchronize satellites and when required.
QA Testers, Release Managers, and Product Owners can also use the interface to check the status of their application deployments, to verify where their deployments are running, and to collect information needed to troubleshoot slow or failed deployments.
Benefits of XebiaLabs Satellite
XebiaLabs offers the first and only hassle-free, resilient, fault-tolerant global application deployment solution, designed to make enterprise deployments go smoothly. If your network has bandwidth, latency, or reliability issues, there’s no better way to ensure fast and error-free deployments.
XebiaLabs Satellite provides:
- Infinite scalability for deployment workloads without the overhead of agents
- Increased fault tolerance and reliability when network connections are unstable
- Reduced network traffic that substantially reduces costs for global infrastructure
- Automated staging and clean-up of deployment artifacts
- Full control over deployment security in remote data centers
- Simpler deployments across mixed Unix/Windows environments