Kommunal Landspensjonskasse (KLP) is Norway’s largest insurance company, delivering safe and competitive financial and insurance services to the public sector, enterprises associated with the public sector and their employees.
KLP’s completely manual deployment processes demanded a significant amount of time to manage software deployments across geographically dispersed teams. With over 160 enterprise applications and an average of 1,600 deployments per month, deploying, un-deploying and releasing new versions was both difficult and time consuming. KLP knew they needed to streamline their process.
After evaluating XL Deploy, KLP chose XebiaLabs because it met their requirements for an easy-to-use tool with drag-and-drop features, a scalable architecture, and simple integration with their environment. KLP now delivers on average 1,600 deployments per month for over 160 applications across 19 environments using XL Deploy. Deployments now take between 15-30 minutes–an average time savings of 1.25 hours per deployment.
- No more developer time spent on deployments
- Over an 80% improvement in production deployment speed
- Immediate realization of ROI as a result of moving from manual to automated deployments
- Increase in job satisfaction for Operations team members, who no longer work off-hours
- Fast and easy maintenance, deployment and un-deployment of new software
- No more deployment bottlenecks
- Significantly reduced deployment-related errors
- Deployment success rate of more than 90%, with any failures due to human error
When it comes to application deployment, “simple ‘n easy” workflows seem quite appealing. However, they suffer from many problems when applied to enterprise deployment automation. Learn why some users choose to use workflows, the drawbacks they struggle with and the top 5 reasons XebiaLabs doesn’t use them.
“We had a completely manual deployment process prior to the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform, so we saw immediate ROI. As soon as we implemented XebiaLabs, our deployment process became completely automated and no longer required a team of people pushing each deployment and updating scripts. Now, we don’t even think about deployments – they just happen. And more than 90% are successful,” said Rune Hellem, Senior Operations Officer, KLP.